Led Zeppelin will release an expanded edition of their 1997 set, “BBC Sessions”, this fall.
Due September 16, “The Complete BBC Sessions” will present the original package – which featured live recordings selected from the band’s appearances on BBC radio between 1969 and 1971 – plus eight unreleased songs, including three rescued from a previously “lost” session from 1969.
Originally broadcast in April 1969, the session included three songs: "I Can't Quit You Baby", "You Shook Me" and the only recorded performance of "Sunshine Woman."
Also included are two unreleased versions of both "Communication Breakdown" and "What Is And What Should Never Be." Separated by two years, the performances vividly demonstrate the young band's rapid evolution over a short period of time.
Jimmy Page spoke about the band’s growth in an interview with Guitar World: “The BBC Sessions show in graphic detail just how organic the group was. Led Zeppelin was a band that would change things around substantially each time it played…We were becoming tighter and tighter, to the point of telepathy.”
The set has been newly remastered by Page with extensive session-by-session liner notes written by Dave Lewis, providing – for the first time ever – accurate details and notes about all of the band's BBC sessions.
"The Complete BBC Sessions" will be available in multiple formats:
* Deluxe Edition (3CD) – Remastered original album plus a third disc of unreleased audio.
* Deluxe Edition Vinyl (5LP) – Remastered original album, plus a fifth LP of unreleased audio, on 180-gram vinyl
* Digital Download – Remastered album and unreleased audio will both be available.
* Super Deluxe Boxed Set (3CD/5LP)– This collection includes:
- Remastered album. 2 CDs, each in a replica sleeve.
- Unreleased audio on CD in a separate card sleeve.
- Remastered album on 180-gram vinyl.
- Unreleased audio on 180-gram vinyl.
- High-def audio download card of all content at 96kHz/24 bit.
- 48-page book filled with photos of the band, the recording locations, BBC memorabilia, and session information.
- High-quality print of the original album cover, the first 20,000 of which will be individually numbered.
"The Complete BBC Sessions"
CD track listing
Release date: September 16
01. You Shook Me
02. I Can't Quit You Baby
03. Communication Breakdown
04. Dazed And Confused
05. The Girl I Love She Got Long Black Wavy Hair
06. What Is And What Should Never Be
07. Communication Breakdown
08. Travelling Riverside Blues
09. Whole Lotta Love
10. Somethin' Else
11. Communication Breakdown
12. I Can't Quit You Baby
13. You Shook Me
14. How Many More Times
01. Immigrant Song
03. Since I've Been Loving You
04. Black Dog
05. Dazed And Confused
06. Stairway To Heaven
07. Going To California
08. That's The Way
09. Whole Lotta Love (Medley: Boogie Chillun/Fixin' To Die/That's Alright Mama/A Mess of Blues)
10. Thank You
01. Communication Breakdown *
02. What Is And What Should Never Be *
03. Dazed And Confused *
04. White Summer
05. What Is And What Should Never Be *
06. Communication Breakdown *
07. I Can't Quit You Baby *
08. You Shook Me *
09. Sunshine Woman *
* Previously Unreleased
Led Zeppelin publishers seek $600k legal fees from Stairway To Heaven trial
Led Zeppelin cleared in Stairway To Heaven copyright trial
Led Zeppelin Stairway To Heaven case goes to jury
Led Zeppelin: Robert Plant testifies in Stairway To Heaven trial
Search Led Zeppelin at hennemusic