Bruce Springsteen will release “Chapter And Verse”, a new collection featuring unreleased tracks that doubles as an audio companion to his upcoming autobiography “Born To Run.”
Due on September 23 - the New Jersey rocker’s 67th birthday – the set delivers tunes from throughout his career as he reveals the storyline to his memoir.
The package opens with five unreleased songs from Springsteen’s early days, including two from The Castiles, one each from Steel Mill and The Bruce Springsteen Band, and a solo studio track from 1972 – all prior to the release of his 1973 debut, “Greetings From Asbury Park, N.J.”
“Chapter And Verse” will be available as a single CD and double LP, as well as via digital download and streaming.
Springsteen will publish his autobiography, “Born To Run”, on September 27 via Simon & Schuster.
The singer recounts growing up in Freehold, NJ, his early days as a bar band king in Asbury Park, and the rise of the E Street Band.
Springsteen’s current European trek wraps up in Zurich, Switzerland on July 31, following which he’ll resume The River Tour at New Jersey’s MetLife Stadium on August 23.
The 2016 run will end at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, MA on September 14.
“Chapter And Verse”
Release date: September 23
01. Baby I — The Castiles (recorded May 2, 1966, at Mr. Music, Bricktown, NJ) *
02. You Can't Judge A Book By The Cover — The Castiles (recorded Sept. 16, 1967, at The Left Foot, Freehold, NJ) *
03. He's Guilty (The Judge Song) — Steel Mill (recorded Feb. 22, 1970, at Pacific Recording Studio, San Mateo, CA) *
04. Ballad Of Jesse James — The Bruce Springsteen Band (recorded March 14, 1972, at Challenger Eastern Surfboards, Highland, NJ) *
05. Henry Boy (recorded June 1972, at Mediasound Studios, New York, NY *
06. Growin' Up (recorded May 3, 1972, at Columbia Records Recordings Studios, New York, NY; previously appeared on 'Tracks')
07. 4th Of July, Asbury Park (Sandy) (1973, 'The Wild, The Innocent & the E Street Shuffle')
08. Born To Run (1975, 'Born To Run')
09. Badlands (1977, 'Darkness On The Edge Of Town')
10. The River (1980, 'The River')
11. My Father's House (1982, 'Nebraska')
12. Born In The U.S.A. (1984, 'Born In The U.S.A.')
13. Brilliant Disguise (1987, 'Tunnel Of Love')
14. Living Proof (1992, 'Lucky Town')
15. The Ghost Of Tom Joad (1995, 'The Ghost Of Tom Joad')
16. The Rising (2002, 'The Rising')
17. Long Time Comin' (2005, 'Devils & Dust')
18. Wrecking Ball (2012, 'Wrecking Ball')
* previously unreleased
Bruce Springsteen tops 2016 tours list
Bruce Springsteen adds summer US stadium shows to 2016 tour
Bruce Springsteen cancels North Carolina show over transgender law
Bruce Springsteen autobiography due this fall
Search Bruce Springsteen at hennemusic